The phrase “an apple a day keeps the doctor away” has existed for decades, and quite honestly for good reason. Whether that apple is part of your That’s it. fruit bar thrown in your lunch bag for a quick snack or added to a salad or dessert, apples are the perfect natural sweet treat with a nutritious punch for a healthy diet.
A few nutritional benefits of apples include:
Apples are packed full of both soluble and insoluble fiber. In fact, a medium apple with the skin on packs 2.7 grams of insoluble fiber and 1 gram of soluble fiber. Fiber is essential for controlling blood cholesterol and maintaining healthy blood sugar levels. Fiber is also great for your digestion and regularity.
Eating apples increases your intake of antioxidants. Research continues to show that the antioxidants in apples can help not only lower cholesterol levels, but may also help reduce inflammation and reduce risks for heart attack and stroke.
Apples contain 10 major vitamins, as well as trace amounts of several more. Apples are especially good sources of vitamin C for making collagen and connective tissues, vitamin A for healthy vision, vitamin K for healthy protein and calcium use and folate for new cell creation. Apples are also a good source of vitamin B1, niacin, and vitamin E.
Apples also contain essential minerals for your diet. For example, apples are high in potassium for nerve function and healthy hydration, phosphorus for healthy bones and teeth and magnesium for energy production. Apples are also a good source of minerals like calcium, manganese and iron.
Apples pack a lot of nutrition into a small calorie package. This allows you to reduce your calorie intake, while the fiber of the apple helps keep you feeling full. Avoid apple juice on its own, as most juices are heavy full of sugar and low on fiber.
Aim to add an apple to your daily nutrition plan every day as a snack or as part of a meal!
- Which is healthier squat or seated toilets
- How do warm and cold fronts form
- What is your favorite Rita Coolidge song
- What wisdom did you impart
- How profitable is online fashion retailing
- Where can I learn about variational inference
- What does Toutiao do
- Should I major in English or Theatre
- How can you open a Toastmasters Club
- Which websites are useful for science students
- Is AFL betting legal in Australia
- What is the best Pokemon GBA ROM
- When should you choose quantity over quality?no_redirect=1
- How safe is it to visit Chicago
- Why stay rich once you get rich
- Why are certain voices doubled in SATB
- What is the ideal human lifespan
- How do you say want in Arabic
- Should Pakistan purchase Iranian Baluchistan
- Should one make a personal website